Although we’ve previously highlighted the Securing Personal Information: A Self-Assessment Tool for Organizations available from the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada, the OPC has also put together a Privacy For Small Business Online Tool to help you navigate legal requirements and best plan for your needs.
The survey will take you through a series of questions about who is in charge of privacy, customer demographics, the kinds of information you collect and store, who has access to data and where it’s stored, and much more.
Once you’ve responded to all the questions, you will receive:
- An information audit of your business
- Consent provisions required specifically for your business
- A security plan for protecting personal information in your care
- A sample privacy brochure for your customers
- A training needs assessment
Hopefully this will help small businesses take a first step in laying down a solid security foundation. For more about how we can help you achieve your needs, read about more about our corporate security solutions.