Building on the momentum of Absolute 7, our next-generation enterprise security platform featuring Reach technology, we’ve expanded our extensive query and remediation capabilities to give IT and security professionals more ways to tackle the changing risk landscape. With the latest enhancements to the Absolute platform, organizations can address the growing need for enhanced vulnerability management, help drive enhanced endpoint security hygiene and more efficiently remediate emerging threats.
The Absolute platform empowers IT and security professionals with intuitive tools and views to better see, understand, manage and secure every endpoint, everywhere. With Absolute Reach, a key component of the Absolute platform, users have the power to detect, understand and remediate vulnerabilities across their entire endpoint population. Reach provides enterprises with the contextual insights and the ability to take immediate custom actions in just a few clicks to proactively address an endless number of use cases.
Enhancements to the Absolute Platform
Today’s update includes powerful new product enhancements to the Absolute platform:
- New Reach Library – Pre-populated scripts designed to empower IT and security teams to address common challenges and rapid query and remediation of emerging threats. For example:
- Disable read/write access to USB devices
- Maintain automatic compliance with Active Directory
- Collect insights for auditing and reporting purposes
- New Reach Wizard – Automate time-consuming tasks such as patching and data scans and respond to emerging threats with without an in-depth knowledge of script development. A series of prompts will guide you through creating time-sensitive queries and remediation commands.
- Application Persistence Additions – The Absolute platform includes Application Persistence, the unique ability to self-heal third-party applications such as VPN, endpoint protection, device management and data protection. We have added new app support for Ivanti Patch, Microsoft BitLocker MBAM, ESET Anti-Virus and Pulse Connect Secure. These apps are added to our existing integrations with leading application vendors, to receive our exclusive zero-touch remediation, which can withstand malicious or negligent attempts to circumvent or corrupt these business critical apps.
Based on our internal research, less than 20% of IT administrators are comfortable creating and deploying custom scripting. To remove the costly lag time in responding to rapidly emerging threats, our new release includes a growing Reach library and easy-to-use Reach Wizard to give IT and security teams the power to improve endpoint security hygiene through the gathering of precise insights, near real-time vulnerability remediation of emerging threats and the elimination of dark endpoints. The result is complete visibility and control of the entire endpoint population.
To see what’s new in the Absolute platform, watch the video below: