Security pros grappling with large fleets of diverse mobile devices know it’s a challenge to get real-time insights into an organization’s entire endpoint security posture. Absolute’s platform gives security professionals a single cloud-based solution for visibility into any endpoint type across the enterprise, including Windows, Mac, Chromebook – and now Android…
Dark endpoints, OS fragmentation
Enterprises compromise visibility and control when devices move beyond the network perimeter and blind spots create vulnerabilities, that leave sensitive data exposed. The fragmentation of the Android operating system also affects visibility, patching efficacy, and the ability of IT staff to remediate issues in a standardized way.
We just recently saw the serious issues associated with OS fragmentation and unpatched endpoints with the WannaCry attack. Furthermore, only 5% of Android devices are currently running the latest version of the OS, and Beta News reports 71% of users lack the latest security patches.
The average organization also supports more than three devices per employee, making it increasingly difficult for IT pros to assess mobile devices in isolation – and emphasizes the need for a better way to see and control devices, and protect company networks.
Introducing the Absolute Android Vulnerability Report
Security pros now have the visibility they need with the introduction of Android-specific capabilities to Absolute DDS – our endpoint security and compliance solution. This capability – which is already in place on Absolute DDS for Mac, Windows and Chrome devices – gives organizations instant insight into their Android security posture.
The new Android Vulnerability Report capability within Absolute DDS gives security pros the ability to safeguard Android devices against a wide range of mobile threats – whether or not the device is on the corporate network.
“The recent WannaCry ransomware attack highlighted the widespread vulnerabilities associated with unpatched rogue endpoints and OS version fragmentation,” said Bob Lyle, vice president of mobile, Absolute. “While WannaCry targeted Windows devices, Android devices represent a much larger target. Absolute has enhanced its coverage of Android phones and tablets to give IT security the near real-time insights and remediation they need to see and secure all endpoint devices.”
Better visibility, insights, reduced Android risk
Absolute DDS helps enterprises address the fragmentation of Android devices accessing company networks and assess potential risk. Security pros now have the ability to:
- Take a holistic approach to endpoint security by assessing Android endpoints alongside Windows, Mac and Chromebook devices
- Get virtually instant insight into their entire endpoint population and security posture to protect hardware, software and information assets; assess vulnerability; and prove compliance
- Generate specific reports to prove to auditors that security measures were properly implemented and in place at the time of an incident
- Track Android devices on a Google Map™, including recent and historical locations
- Create geofences based on corporate policies and investigate or freeze devices that are out of bounds or entering an unauthorized location
- Pre-empt security incidents with virtually instant notifications if risk conditions are triggered and receive vulnerability scoring for deeper intelligence and alert prioritization
Find out more
Absolute’s new capabilities give you the insights and context you need to improve Android and other endpoint device protection, enhance IT asset management, protect sensitive data, and ensure compliance.
Absolute’s new Android Vulnerability Report is available immediately as part of the Absolute DDS Security Professional and Premium editions. For more information on assessing and improving endpoint security and compliance, go to https://www.absolute.com/en/solutions.