Absolute® today announced the availability of its Application Persistence product, making the self-healing endpoint a reality for the first time.
Once the exclusive domain of Absolute’s own cloud-based endpoint visibility and control platform, the new Application Persistence product extends embedded, self-healing capabilities to third-party endpoint controls, such as VPN, anti-virus, encryption, systems management and others that are easily compromised.
“Organizations under constant attack demand a resilient self-healing endpoint defense,” said Christopher Bolin, Chief Product Officer, Absolute. “We believe the world is more secure when all endpoint agents can repair themselves. We are opening up our competitive advantage to empower third-party apps to self-heal, creating a united front against persistent attackers and insider threats. No other company can do this.”
Application Persistence leverages Absolute’s patented Persistence® technology — embedded in the firmware of more than one billion popular PCs and mobile devices worldwide — giving organizations the power to build more resilient endpoints that self-heal if an application is removed or compromised, and ultimately return the endpoint to an original state of safety and efficacy without IT intervention.
Self-Healing Endpoints Protect the Digital Enterprise, At-Risk Data & Critical IP Assets
Application Persistence is built on Absolute’s patented Persistence technology to give IT operations and security professionals uncompromised visibility and control of applications and devices — whether the devices are on or off the corporate network – allowing companies to:
- Ensure Application Resiliency: Absolute provides the exclusive ability to see and control devices, applications and data to ensure critical endpoint applications are always available and effective.
- Automatically Repair Breaches: An attempt to disable an endpoint control triggers an automatic reinstall or repair of the agent to maintain compliance in an increasingly persistent threat environment.
- Proactively Minimize Risks: Security pros can now keep critical applications on devices, minimizing security risks and reducing vulnerabilities. With no IT intervention, agents can be restored across all endpoints.
- Ensure Compliance: With automated control remediation, IT can easily maintain correct application versions to meet compliance requirements.
- Deploy Instantly: Absolute’s core technology is already embedded in more than one billion popular PCs, laptops and other mobile devices, so customers only need to activate via a cloud-based platform for fast results.
The company will demonstrate Application Persistence in the Absolute booth (#S2427) at the upcoming RSA Conference in San Francisco, scheduled for February 14-17, 2017.