Cybercriminals are constantly on the lookout for data to steal – personal information, healthcare data, financial records, intellectual property and other proprietary information. If this data falls into the wrong hands, your organization’s ability to operate is severely impacted. In some cases, this breach could remove your competitive advantage or lead to financial liquidity.
The threats to your organization’s data are not going away, but you can take steps to protect your business. In a recent whitepaper, “Top 10 Data Security Tips to Safeguard Your Business,” we explore how the IT landscape is shifting – from mobility and big data to the Internet of Things – and how organizations can take control of data protection while protecting their reputation and bottom line.
The Top 10 Data Security Tips explored in detail include:
- Get to know your environment
- Get to know your data
- Educate staff and empower them to be data security guards
- Enforce complex and frequently updated passwords
- Communicate clear data and device usage policies
- Use encryption
- Complement your encryption with persistent software
- Take a layered approach to security technology
- Keep software up-to-date
- Be prepared for a data breach